This is our photo gallery featuring all kinds and colors of bob hairstyles for women. Includes celebrities with bob hairstyles.
Give yourself a feminine and beautiful hairstyle with the bob cut. Popular among women, this haircut is a style which is a straight length all around the head at about the level of the jaw.
For a short cut which is easy to maintain, get this cut which suits every face, hair color, and more. If you’re tired of long hair and blow drying for hours a week, a straight cut all around the jawline might be just what you need.
Lena Headey is a game-changer indeed. She chose to have a short, wind-swept hair on her detailed gown during the 67th Primetime Emmy Awards, September 2015.
Naturally thick and wavy hair brushed upwards for that chic flow and movement. This hairstyle is great for night-outs and parties given that it's highly stylish yet low-maintenance.
Thick, voluminous curls generously moisturized for that soft, shiny and fluffy finish. This type of hair may often times become dull and dry so the use of hair creams, moisturisers and natural oils will be of great help.
Naturally thick and curly hair enhanced with "extra shine" hair mousse or gel to create a gorgeous dimension with tight locks.
During the HBO Golden Globe Party 2012, Lena Headey surprised everyone with this straight bob cut with bangs. This one is a typical style but knowing the actress' iconic tousled and wavy look, it is really something new and unique for her.
Lena Headey exhibited her chic side with this tousled bob with side-swept bangs during the Spike TV's 2011 Scream Awards.
It’s a GREAT day to be a part of the #ccptribe 🤟🏼✌🏼 📸: @clfrazier • • • • • • #carmencarmenbelkcolumbia #carmencarmenbelkstyle #avedablonde #avedahaircolor #aveda #avedaartist #avedamakeup #avedastylist #avedastyle #irmoschair #irmoschairstylist #irmoschairsalon #lexingtonscstylist #columbiasc #columbiaschair #columbiaschairstylist #lexingtonschairstylist #ccptribe #blonde #blondehair
Now this is for women in their 50's who are up for some romance! Round curls and long layers evoke a romantic vibe, perfectly exhibiting it's soft but powerful rhythm.
Medium-length, auburn bob in a neat and straight finish. The look is incorporated with side bangs to increase that youthful glow.
This blonde hairstyle is unique and refreshing at the same time. The feathery layers create a soft yet powerful texture and volume to the overall look.
A layered bob with a seamless transition from cool blonde to warm tones. Sweeping side bangs can also be incorporated for face-framing purposes.
Cassi recently gave her very loyal client, Dianna a new look. She added a colorful undercolor with grey lowlights throughout and perfectly paired her color with a long bob haircut with long layers. The look of was finished off with hollywood glam curls. #toniguyusa #toniandguy #toniguycoloradosprings #tgcolor #tigicolor #undercolor #fashionshades #tealhair #hollywoodglam #hollywoodglamcurls #newlook #silverhair #greyhair #grayhair #coloradospringshair #coloradospringshairstylist #coloradospringshairdresser #coloradospringshairsalon
Be loud and proud of your gray hair and flaunt it in the most gorgeous way possible. The woman styled her medium-length granny hair with trendy curls and a touch of blue lowlights at the bottom part.
Beach waves are typically associated with a sun-kissed hair color. This tousled bob looks unique being all black and wavy at the same time.
Benefits of A Stylish Bob
In the past few years, this hairstyle has gained popularity because it is easy to maintain and suits all hair types. Whether your hair is fine and straight or big and curly, an appropriately styled shoulder-length cut adds dimension to your look. Other benefits of this style include:
- Highlight the natural shape of your cheekbones
- Gives the illusion of a sculpted jaw line
- Use bangs to soften around your eyes
- Makes you look younger
- Low maintenance for hectic days
- Keep your neck and face cool because thick hair isn’t on your neck
- Add the illusion of volume to thinner or fine hair
Different Lengths and Variations
There are multiple variations to the classic jaw level cut. A qualified hairdresser can make recommendations based on your face shape, your natural hair style, and the amount of maintenance you wish to conduct on a daily basis. Variations to try are:
- Curled Cuts: While this style may be regularly considered a style for just straight hair, curly hair also looks good with a layered jaw-length cut. Because curls make hair look shorter when dry, a professional hair dresser will cut your bob slightly longer.
- A-Line Cut: Instead of being the same length all around your jaw, an A-line cut has a blunt edge and is longer in the front of the face. It is an A-line cut because it is similar to the letter ‘A’ with lengthy angles on each side. It angles lower to the front but doesn’t stack on the back.
- Inverted Cut: At first glance, this style can look like an A-line cut, but it is different due to the stacked layers in the back.
- Bob with Bangs: Get this elegant cut with bangs if you wish to frame your face well. Soft bangs tend to be more flattering than bangs going straight across the forehead.
- Bob with layers: Great cut for round or square faces because of the tapering effect. See our bobs with layers gallery for women here.
There are also variations on length. Women’s bobs can be to just below the ear, to between the ear and shoulders, and to just above the shoulders.
Maintenance for This Haircut
Once you get this haircut, there is one consideration for your new look. This style needs consistent trims which is about every month or so. It is especially apparent in people with straight hair as any missed strand is obvious.
As for a daily routine, a bob looks best went blow dried with a round brush. Some women like to use mousse, hair texturizer, and monthly deep conditioning treatments.